Sections of Newsroom 101®
Here are the available sections of Newsroom 101:
- If you are a student in a college course that requires Newsroom 101, follow your professor’s instructions on how to enroll, or see “Access: Find Your Section” in the column to the left.
- If you are a media professional, you can enroll in the Newsroom 101 Section for Professionals. Follow the link, create a new account, pay through Paypal and begin.
- If you are a student working on your own, go to Find Your Section and look at the bottom for the open section. Do not enroll in this section if you are enrolled in a course that requires Newsroom 101, because work completed in the wrong section cannot be transferred.
- The fee schedule may be found through the menu under Info/Pricing.
How to Enroll in Newsroom 101
After you have found the section for the course you are enrolled in, go to it and create a new account:
- Create a username consisting of your email address.
- If you have a Gmail account, please use that email, because Newsroom 101 uses a Gmail business account.
- Otherwise, please try to use an email account that is not your university account or an AOL account, because those sometimes block our password-reset emails.
- Use an account that you check regularly.
- If you do not have a better option, use your university email account.
- Create a password easy for you to remember, but hard for others to guess.
- Pay the required fee through the Paypal link that appears
- If you do not have a Paypal account, look for the link in Paypal that allows you to pay with a credit card.
- Enter Newsroom 101 and begin!
Once You Have a Username and Password
If you have created an account and paid, sign in as a “returning visitor to this site” on the left side of the sign-in screen. Do not create a new account.
If your university has paid your fee, sign in through the "returning" form with the username and password that was provided to you.